Problems, Suffering or Opportunity
Experienced Nichiren Buddhist practitioners tell you that when you are confronting a problem,
you have an opportunity to grow happiness in your life. Some examples would be, a need for
housing, a friend who is ill, an issue in a relationship, or a problem at work.
That sounds crazy to someone who has never used the practice. Practitioners call problems an
opportunity because they know that through chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, you can take
these very problems and create value, turn poison into medicine, expand your life and become
In Nichiren Buddhism, earthly desires and daily life problems are considered the motivation, the
fuel for constructing happiness and the stepping stones to enlightenment.
Chant About Problems, Strengthen Your Life
Why would chanting about a problem make you happier?
When you use the chant to deal with a problem, you tap the enlightened level of your life, your
Buddha Nature, and bring out its characteristics to use in daily life. You have a Buddha Nature,
your connection with the universe, even though you may not be aware of it. Over time, as you
chant, your life comes to embody its characteristics, deep wisdom, compassion, unshakeable
happiness and infinite freedom.
Through chanting about your everyday concerns:
- You can elevate your life state, and bring yourself out of negativity.
- You’ll increase your life force.
- You’ll build good fortune in your life.
- You’ll develop your faith as you have the repeated experience of surmounting problems
by chanting, tapping into that universal connection, then taking action.
- You’ll gradually develop the wisdom and compassion to turn the negative waves of life
into something good and of value.
- You’ll become happier and happier.
Experienced practitioners have seen this over and over, so when a problem comes up they say,
“Good, something to chant about.” They have experienced that chanting about problems is the
direct path to strengthening your life and becoming absolutely happy.
6 Steps : Chant About a Problem
1. Listen to the chant. www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXPEkzV2Rq4
2. Pick something to chant about.
3. Set a goal by envisioning the solution to your problem.
4. Start to repeat Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo over and over.
5. Plan to chant for your goal, the solution to your problem, for 5-10 minutes a day for 90 days
6. Never give up.
Earthly Desires And Problems Lead to Enlightenment
As we’ve seen, when you chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo earthly desires and problems become steppingstones on the path to absolute happiness.
When you chant about a problem, tapping into your Buddha Nature, your connection with the universe, you bring out its qualities of compassion, deep wisdom, unshakeable happiness and infinite freedom to use in daily life. You can elevate your state of life from negative to positive, increase your life force, build good fortune in your life and generate greater happiness